Here is a list of our most Frequently Asked Questions.
If your question isn't covered here, please contact us .
1. How do I shut off the water to my household fixtures/ the house?
The best way to temporarily shut-off the water supply to your house is to locate the main water valve. This is almost always located at the front of the building where the outside faucet is, or in some newer homes, it may be located in the garage. Once you turn the valve off, open the hose faucet and drain your system to relieve pressure.
2. Do you give free estimates?
Yes. Either over the phone for small jobs or on site for larger projects.
3. What should I do if I believe there is a slab leak in my house?
Call Fuller's Plumbing for a service call to pressure check your system or call a leak detection company. Fuller's recommends C.P.L. ( Cable, Pipe & Leak).
4. Do you repair or install heaters?
We repair and install floor and wall heaters. We do not repair or install FAU (forced air units). This includes mobile home heaters.
5. What does it cost to replace a water heater?
Most residential gas water heaters installed within Chula Vista will run between $900 and $1200 depending on size, location and installation requirements.
6. Can I be billed for plumbing services?
Fuller's Plumbing receives payment for services rendered at the time of the service. If you are a renter, an account may be setup in advance with the owner of the dwelling. The owner must place the call for service. Invoices with balances not paid within 30 days of date of service are subject to a 3% service fee.
7. What is your warranty on plumbing services?
Warranty for labor is ninety days from date of service. Warranty for products is through the manufacturer.
8. Will I be charged if you cannot fix my plumbing problem?
Fuller's Plumbing will do it's best to solve all plumbing needs. If we cannot fix the problem and we refer you elsewhere, you will only be charged for the time we spent determining your plumbing needs.
9. Can I purchase parts or fixtures and have Fuller's Plumbing install them?
You are welcome to purchase any desired fixture from our store or we can order something specific from a manufacturer's catalog. Fuller's Plumbing charges a surcharge of $10 per hour to install fixtures purchased from a home center or outside source.
10. Why am I being charged for a full hour of service?
Fuller's Plumbing has a minimum service call charge of one hour, charged at the current hourly rate. After one hour you are charged in fifteen minute increments. The time of the service charge begins when the plumber leaves the shop, to include his travel time.
11. What causes my pipes to bang and/or chatter when I turn off a faucet?
A condition known as "water hammer", which is caused by a loose pipe or faucet washer.
12. Do you sell or repair water softeners?
No, however we will remove the water softener and reconnect your water system.
13. How do I get a free low flow toilet or rebate voucher?
Call your water service provider (Sweetwater, Otay, San Diego City, CalAM) and ask for a toilet rebate application.
14. Do you go to job sites outside of Chula Vista?
Yes, we will go to any location within the San Diego area. Travel time to and from all job sites does apply (billing time starts at shop and ends with return to shop).
15. Do you repair Quest plastic water pipes?
Yes, Quest (PB-Polybutylene) piping can be repaired a few different ways. There is no guarantee on any PB pipe repair.
A copper pipe replacement is highly recommended.
16. What is the best flushing low flow toilet?
Pressure assisted (air & water) flushing systems have a superior flush and are made by several companies.
17. I smell gas. What should I do?
For leaks in the service line to your house or at the gas meter, call the SDG&E emergency line. For leaks in your home, a licensed plumbing contractor is required. SDG&E will respond to a request to check for a gas leak in your home system, but will turn off and lock your meter if a leak is found.